First time buyers
Are you ready to step onto the property ladder? Buying your first home can be daunting, but we’re here to guide you through the buying process in a language that you understand.
Here are a few things to remember if you’re a first time buyer:
- It’s important to know how much you can borrow before you start looking for properties. Our Financial Services team can help you with this
- It’s useful to have an idea of what you’re looking for – how much you can afford to pay, where you want to live, what type of house you want etc. This will help us to match you with properties as they become available
- Selling a property can be a lengthy process, even if there’s no chain – it is a complex legal process so prepare to be patient
- As a buyer you pay no fees to the estate agency (fees are applicable if you buy through an auction) but you are required to pay stamp duty on the property – you can calculate how much here
- Most importantly, we’re here to support you from start to finish. We believe in treating buyers and sellers the same, because we want you to turn to Green & Company for life.
First time buyers – find out more
Visit Propertymark, the go-to organisation for property related questions, which has a series of useful house buying advice and guides available on its website – you can view them here.
Green & Company is proud to be a Propertymark Protected estate agency.
If you prefer to speak to someone with questions about buying your first home, call or pop in to your local Green & Company branch today.