A statement from HM Treasury issued last week stated that completed transactions in September were 21.3% higher than August due to the Stamp Duty holiday. Locally we also see transaction levels increase month on month and there will probably be another increase when the October figures are released. Buyer demand is strong. Nationwide issued a statement this week saying, "annual house price growth accelerated to 5.8%", but properties coming to the market need to be priced sensibly to attract these buyers, especially if the seller wants to sell and complete on an ongoing purchase before the Stamp Duty deadline.
If you want to take advantage of the current stamp duty exemption, we offer the following advice.
- Before you view any properties, speak to a Financial Adviser and obtain an Agreement in Principle.
- When you have found a new home, and your offer has been accepted, apply for your mortgage immediately and check that your preferred lender's turnaround times will work with your timescales.
- Instruct a solicitor/conveyancer within a matter of days and advise them that you want to take advantage of the stamp duty exemption.
- Return all the paperwork that you receive from your solicitor/conveyancer in a timely fashion.
- Please keep in contact with the Estate Agent who has sold the property; they are there to help you!
- Finally, do everything you can to find a home to buy in 2020.
Do you need free mortgage advise? We have a team of mortgage advisers that can help you, even from the comfort of your own home! Click on this link and visit our Financial Services web page for more information https://www.green-property.com/page/mortgage-shop.html