The local property market – March week 1
We were pleased that the stamp duty deadline has been extended this week to the end of June in its current format. This will now help many local buyers and sellers, who were probably going to be unable to complete by the end of this month, benefit from the reductions on offer.
Are you looking to buy or sell a home now that the deadline has been extended?
If you are selling - we would recommend placing your home on the market as soon as possible. Instruct a solicitor/conveyancer straight away and ask them to prepare a contract in readiness for finding a buyer. This could save you around four weeks.
If you are buying a home;
1. Before you view any properties, speak to a Financial Adviser and obtain an Agreement in Principle.
2. When you have found a new home, and your offer has been accepted, apply for your mortgage immediately. Check that your preferred lender's turnaround times will work with your timescales.
3. Instruct a solicitor/conveyancer within a matter of days and advise them that you want to take advantage of the stamp duty exemption.
4. Return all the paperwork that you receive from your solicitor/conveyancer in a timely fashion.
5. Keep in contact with the Estate Agent who has sold the property; they are there to help you!
Locally activity remains buoyant, and we need more homes to sell. Please give us a call on 0121 296 1400 to arrange a free sales valuation. If you need mortgage advice, please click here for further information https://www.green-property.com/page/mortgage-shop.html